Tiffany Ruocco is a Certified Aromatherapist who shares her knowledge through the creation of hand-crafted, vegan aromatherapy products for everyday use.
- What is one thing you would like the public to know about your business?
I am a Certified Aromatherapist trained in blending and using essential oils for healing purposes. My business is vegan, cruelty-free, fair-trade and organic.
- Where do you see yourself & your craft 5 years from now?
I am hoping to continue to expand upon the list of stockists that already carry our products.
- Is your business a hobby, full-time work, or both?
Sort of both! I am a full-time Graphic Design Professor at a local college.
- What would your advice be to others looking to start something similar?
Be passionate! Without passion, hard work becomes just that. I do not see what I do for a living (with my business and with my teaching) as work because I love what I do.
- What is your favorite part about working in the creative field?
I have found the handmade market to be filled with wonderful, positive people. It has been a joy to meet these makers and my customers at markets.
- What do you think the most common misconception is about your craft?
That it isn't made by my own hand. The most common question I get at markets is "you make all of this?" When I inform people that I even designed the entire identity system and packaging, they are shocked!
- What inspires your work?
As an artist, I am naturally a creative person. More specifically with what I make, I have found so much success with healing with essential oils when modern medicine has failed me. I wanted to share that with others.
- Why did you choose to participate in The Makers Festival?
I heard about the festival too late [in 2015] to apply. I was intrigued by the fact that it was a festival by all handmade products.
- What motivates you in the face of adversity?
Being true to myself and what I believe and stand for. I take pride in the quality of my work and the creativity of my ideas so I trust that even naysayers will see the difference in the end.
- If you could choose any superpower, what would it be and why?
As a thyroid cancer survivor, I would choose a power that eradicates cancer from our vocabulary.